I haven't been sleeping well, for a variety of reasons including a certain baby who is teething and has a cold and just generally doesn't appreciate night-time sleep the way any sane person does. Combine that with a certain 3-year old that doesn't take naps every day and is awoken by his screaming brother often at 2am (or 3am or 4am) and becomes a grumpy monster-like creature without proper rest. Oh-and then there's that pesky thing called work Mondays-Thursdays which means I can't nap when the kids nap (yes, I still do lay down when they nap on Fridays if I can manage it!!). Want to know how tired I am?
I'm so tired that I've stood at an office door at my school for a good 3 minutes, trying and trying to get my key to work in the lock (even saying hello to some coworkers during this time) before realizing. . . it wasn't my office door. Or even next door to mine.
I'm so tired that I've used conditioner as face wash.
I'm so tired that I've put clothes in the microwave instead of the dryer.
I'm so tired that I've (attempted) to leave the house without my keys, sunglasses, purse, child. . . Okay, I've never actually driven away without one of the boys.
I'm so tired that I've struggled to remember the names of words. Basic words. Like "hairbrush" or "pencil." You get the point.
Will I get more sleep one day? I certainly hope so. For now I'll take it one day at a time (one night at a time?) and be thankul for a sweet husband that is willing to help out when he can.
It's so hard. Wish I weren't feeling your pain or you mine. Yes, we will sleep again someday. Soon!
ReplyDelete