Thanks Brit!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Just What I Needed
After a stressful afternoon fretting over some work news, I arrived home tonight from the in-laws' house to find a letter in the mailbox. Am I the only one that seriously becomes giddy when I receive a hand-written note? I am lucky to have three close childhood friends in Anchorage that all stay in touch via email, texts, and -gasp- even snail mail! One of those great friends sent me a letter today about my dad. She wrote about treasured memories she has from growing up with my dad and the hilarious things he did. Oh it made me cry, of course, but even better, it made me smile. And laugh. My favorite part: "I wanted to say how often I too still think of your dad." Worth a thousand words to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment