He sings the ABC's at least 3 times a day. When asked what he dreamt about the night before, he usually says, "Firefighters. And camels." He can play I-Spy, which seriously comes in handy after waiting at a doctor's office for an hour.
He tests my patience every day. Loves to tell us "No!" and sits in time-out when he needs to cool down. Runs away from time-out too. Requests outings every day. Anything will do, even Fred Meyers. Is my helper in the kitchen when I bake. Is impatient for when things need to cook in the oven.
He remembers things that happened months ago, like going to his cousin's house the day Taran was born, what Santa brought him for Christmas, and activities he did at his co-op preschool in the fall.
He runs everywhere. And jumps like he's got springs for legs.
Counts everything. When I tell him he's got 3 more minutes to play before cleaning up, he says, "But Mommy, 3 minutes isn't long. 4 or 7 minutes is long!"
He knows when his "clock looks the same!" in the morning. Gets out of bed at 6am when the 6 on his clock matches the 6 we posted next to it.
Likes to watch Charlie Brown and Curious George. His laugh when Snoopy does something silly makes me laugh out loud. Adores his cousins so much it makes my heart hurt.
He's interested in trucks, bugs, animals, and who your mom is. "Who is your mom, Mommy?" "Who is Daddy's mom, Mommy?" "Is Grandma Cheryl your mommy? Or Grandma Gail?"
Thinks sleep is overrated. Crazy kid. The only thing I can figure is he is so full of life and energy, he just doesn't want to stop long enough to lay down.
Pretends to call us on the phone "Hi Mommy. I am Odin. I love you! I miss you! Talk to you later. Bye!"
Spots a worm on the sidewalk on the way into the library and shouts, "Hi worm! Have a good day! Don't get cold!"
Tells us he wants to ride a ferris wheel and go to the beach "in the summertime."
Loves to do "projects" like painting and cutting. Adores helping his dad in the yard.
He puts a blanket on his little brother and gives him a pacifier and says him, "It's okay Taran. Mommy is coming." When I say Taran, he tells me, "Mommy, you suppose to call him Taran RONALD ERIKSEN!"
Wonders every day about everything in the world. We hear "Why?" at least 4,925 times a day at our house. And in the car. And at the store.
He tells me he will be a firefighter when he grows up. And a train conductor. And big and strong. And have a motorcycle. He probably will.
Is terrible at playing hide-and-seek seeing as he screams, "CAN'T FIND ME!" from wherever he is hiding.
Loves to eat any and all fruit. Acts shy around some strangers but can turn on the charm when needed. Has more bumps and bruises than anyone I know.
He made me a mom. My oldest son. My buggy.

I love your blog. You're doing such a good job capturing life's adventures, all the wonderful and incredible aspects that make life so precious!
ReplyDelete