Sunday, December 1, 2013

Seabrook

On the first day of 7th grade, I sat in my 2nd period P.E. class, terrified. Not only was I starting junior high, I knew exactly one person at my new school and had no classes with that person. I noticed a girl sitting in the front row of the gym bleachers wearing the same navy blue and white striped rugby shirt (with a collar, nonetheless). By the end of the day in our 6th period English class, when I saw the girl again, I gathered the courage to make the brilliant comment, "Nice shirt!" Anything to make a friend. And it worked! 20 years later, I still consider that rugby-shirt wearing girl named Amber to be one of my closest friends. 
We've been talking for quite some time about trying to get away for a Girls' weekend and finally our vision came to fruition this fall! Amber flew down from Anchorage and we got away for 2 nights! Our cute cottage in Seabrook was cozy and just a short walk from the indoor pool and hot tub as well as the beautiful beach. We even went for a run while we were there. We're already talking about where to go next year on our getaway. 







No comments:

Post a Comment