Saturday, November 30, 2013
1st 5K
This summer I did the C25K program. When I began, I seriously was having a very difficult time running more than a few minutes at a time. That's why the C25K is a great program-it gradually adds more running intervals each week until you are running a 5K in the 8th week. I really worked hard to stick with it this summer but definitely took more than 8 weeks to complete the whole program. In October Trav and I ran in the Burien Brat Trot with a time of 35:37. I was the first time I'd actually run for 3.1 miles straight and it was the fastest I'd ever run too! I was proud of myself and so thankful Travis did it with me. He is a much faster runner than me but stuck with me the whole time and encouraged me when I was overheating in the uncharacteristically warm October sun. I do have to say crossing the finish line was deeply satisfying. Now if I could just figure out how to get myself out for runs in the cold winter weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment