Friday, August 30, 2013

I'll Catch You



14 years ago we met. It was the day I moved into my college dorm.  I was 18. 
12 years ago he asked me to marry him at sunrise on the top of a mountain in Oregon.
10 years ago we were married by one of our best friends on the top of a ski-hill in Alaska as the rain finally let up and everyone we loved surrounded us.
5 years ago he coached me through welcoming our first son into the world.
4 years ago he held me through the loss of my dad. 
2 1/2 years ago he coached me through welcoming our second son into the world.

This summer, we walked the campus and the city where we fell in love, but this time we were chasing our two boys and not quite believing we get this, this life together. We walked past the student union where we'd meet for lunch in between classes, the streets we'd take to get to loud college parties, the quad where we'd jumped in puddles at midnight, and the restaurant we'd buy Chinese food for dinner. 

Every one of those fourteen years, he's supported me, made me laugh even when I didn't want to, cheered me on, loved me, and taken better care of me than anyone else in the world. Every day I am thankful for him and our blessed life together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment