I asked Odin the other day, "How is it possible you're almost five?" and his response was, "Well, it's a looooooong story."
As I tucked him in for bed last night, I told him how excited I was to meet him, five years ago. How I had all these ideas about what being a mom would be like and how nothing could prepare me for becoming HIS mom. He's a firecracker, our boy. A wise, inquisitive, limit-testing, brave, passionate, strong, kind, smart, and intense boy. Sometimes I feel like I get little glimpses of what he'll be like when he's eight. Or ten. Or fifteen. It's thrilling and frightening at the same time. The old cliche of time flying by rings true, and especially so on my boys' birthdays. Reflecting on Odin's birth, his life, and his relationship with his brother just remind me how truly lucky we are. I am thankful for him.
Happy 5th Birthday Odin Fuller!


I just teared up! Happy birthday, Odin!
ReplyDelete