Monday, July 30, 2012

Kanaskat Palmer State Park

If you know me well, you know I'm not a camper. I know, I know. I grew up in Alaska. Let's just move on, shall we? I knew Trav (and Odin) were really looking forward to a family camping trip this summer so off we went!
We camped for two nights last week at Kanaskat Palmer State Park on the Green River. The river was a bit of a walk from our campsite but the boys loved throwing rocks in the water, digging in the sand, and looking for fish so we took a couple of trips down during our 2 days there. The hardest part of camping was the second night, during which Taran decided he didn't want to go back to sleep. For hours and hours. From about 10:30 at night until 3:00 in the morning, Travis and I took turns trying to get him back to sleep in pretty much every conceivable way. There were more than a few occasions during those hours which we asked each other why we decided to go camping! On a happier note, the boys really did love camping. Odin enjoyed searching for slugs, walking around the campground, and playing. Taran climbed every tree at our campsite, and all four of us ate more than a few s'mores. 
A few things that were very helpful on our camping trip were our Coleman tent (on sale at Costco earlier this year-it basically has three different sections/rooms so it was perfect for getting the boys to go to sleep outside!), Taran's portable booster seat for strapping onto the picnic table at our camp site, and chalk, bubbles, and shovels to keep the kids busy while Travis and I took turns doing dishes and cooking. 
We came home with a couple of bug bites, too few hours of sleep, and some fun family memories. 








 








1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun time. I can't believe how big your boys are getting! It is hard to believe that Sebastian will one day be that big.

    ReplyDelete