Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lately

Both boys have coughs and have kept us up various nights this past week. 

I've been lucky enough to see friends three times in the past few days which is a welcome change from the usual routine. I got to hold a friends' sweet 6-month old and catch up with some of my closest friends I use to work with. 

I have a bunch of books on my nightstand I want to read but I haven't been making the time in my evenings. I've got to work on this. 

Odin's left over half-eaten apple in the fridge made me cry after lunch yesterday. When my dad was on steroids during his cancer treatment, he was hungry morning, noon, and night.While I was in California helping during his radiation treatments, there were numerous mornings I would wake up and find half-eaten apples in the fridge that he left there during a midnight food raid. Some nights we would run into each other in the kitchen, while he was getting a snack and I was trying to get 2-month old Odin back to sleep. So many things make me think of my dad and miss him. Sometimes it's a song, other times it's an apple. There are days I think I'm learning how to live with my grief but then there are those moments I can just barely get through

1 comment: