Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Odin

August 22, 2011

I want to remember the sound of his laugh when I do "underdog" on the swings at the park with him.

I want to remember how he said to me a few days ago, "Mommy, wouldn't it be amazing fun if we ate cupcakes every night?"

I want to remember how his hugs feel when I get out of the car after a long professional development day. 

I want to remember the way he talks about how excited he is to share a room with his brother when Taran is "bigger and older." 


I want to remember how polite he is, saying please, thank you, excuse me, may I, and always offering to share with us. 

I want to remember how excited he was for his birthday party and how he "x-ed out" each day on our countdown calendar. 

I want to remember how imaginative he is, telling us stories constantly about dreams he has involving camels, firefighters, friendly (and scary) monsters, and taking walks with Taran in the woods. 

I want to remember how proud he was of himself for staying dry at nap time and at bed time. 

I want to remember how he told me after a few bites, "Your sandwich looks like an anchor. For a boat." 

I want to remember how he always picks flowers (okay, weeds mostly) and says, "I picked this flower for YOU Mommy!"

I want to remember how he touched the freckles on my arm and said, "Why do you have those sprinkles on you Mommy?"

I want to remember his comment in the shower-"My fingers are raisins!"

I want to remember how he rhymes EVERYTHING. 

I want to remember how he gets out of bed at night and begs to take a book to bed to read. 

I want to remember the way he says, "O-tay" for okay. 

I want to remember how he pretends to be sleeping, announcing, "I'll just take a quick nap" and then fake snores. 

I want to remember my determined, independent, smart, loving, exhausting, adventurous, silly, strong-willed, creative, considerate, sweet sweet bug at three years old. 

I blinked and three years have gone by. 

A few days old
6 months
1 year
1 1/2 years old
2 years old
2 1/2 years old


3 years old 

No comments:

Post a Comment