Saturday, February 22, 2014

Playing in the Sand

We've got cabin fever from this cold, wet winter here in Washington! It could be worse, this I know. So we have been building forts, reading library books, and finding other ways to stay entertained indoors. Needless to say, I've been researching indoor activities that fit in our budget. 
Last week my mom and I took the boys to Sandbox Sports in Georgetown to check out the Little Diggers playtime. Three mornings a week, kids can play at the indoor volleyball facility with balls, trucks, shovels, and other toys in the sand. I'd say the average age was about 2-3 years old but kids up to 5 years old are allowed. It was great! Well....Odin thought it was great. He dug in the sand, played volleyball with Grandma Gail, and tried to convince his brother to come and join him in the (somewhat cold) sand. Oddly enough, Taran was not interested in playing at all and wanted to sit with me and watch. Maybe it was just too strange and new for him, with so many strangers playing in a giant indoor sandbox? This is the boy that is usually happy to talk to anyone, friend or stranger. And five minutes before the morning session was over and we were packing up to go home, he reached up and whispered in my ear, "Mama, I want to go play in the sand now." This kid! 





No comments:

Post a Comment