Disclaimer: Mom, I'm doing okay. Really.
Having a tough time around these here parts. We're both back at work in full force (well, I only work Mondays-Thursdays) and everyone is feeling it. Travis and I are both exhausted, Odin's super clingy and sad, and Taran's dropped his afternoon nap. Okay, so that last part isn't too bad, just yet another change we're trying to work out.
As I got ready to go to work on Tuesday, Odin cried, clung to me, and said, "But Mommy, I want you to NOT go to work. I want you to be home with me." Oh man my heart broke into a million different pieces. I felt terrible leaving my bug. Yes, he was fine. He always is, with his loving grandma or with our wonderful nanny. But it doesn't stop me from crying in the car and attempting to wipe the mascara out from under my eyes in the school parking lot so my new co-workers don't think I'm a mess.
A close friend rocked her little girl to sleep for every nap and bedtime, well after the time she was an infant. I always thought it sounded sweet (especially when my first guy wasn't exactly what you'd call a "snuggly" baby). When we would talk about it my friend would tell me she knew her daughter would only be this little for such a short time and she was going to get those snuggles in any way she could because it would be over too quickly. The last three nights I've rocked Taran far longer than he needed (he was already asleep before I finished feeding him in his rocking chair) but it was definitely what I needed. So, good friend, I get it. I get it. I get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment